Hull Slack Connector
This Connector adds a Bot (@hull) to your Slack Team. The Bot can:
- Notify a channel or a Slack User when a Hull User enters or leaves specific segments
- Notify a channel or a Slack User when a Hull User performs certain events.
- Search for any user in the Hull database and return it.
- Add buttons that set values (like
send_emailsfor instance) on a user, opening the door to triggered actions directly from Slack.
Note: Private Channels and Groups aren’t supported for the moment
The Bot can return either all available data for users or a set of whitelisted properties picked from their profile. In the settings tab, if you leave the box blank then all properties will be returned.
In Slack, you can toggle between User Attributes and their latest events by clicking the buttons at the footer of each user profile.
- Click the “Connect to Slack” button on the Dashboard page,
- Authorize Slack to access your account.
- You should see green checkboxes on both “Slack credentials saved” and “Slack Bot online”
To get in-app help: - Invite
@hull to a channel and type
@hull help. - Start a private conversation with
@hull and simply type
get data for the user with this email. You can filter what’s displayed from the Connector’s settings tab in your dashboard_
@hull email@example.com full
get full data for the user with this email. Shows the entire profile_ returns everything even if the Settings specify which fields to return.
@hull firstname.lastname@example.org <intercom>
get data in the
intercomgroup for the user with this email. Replace with the service you want to display
@hull events email@example.com
get latest events for the user with this email_
Here to help!
In the Slack Connector settings screen, you can add up to 3 buttons that will set a value on the User. You can use this to create
Enable Emails and
Disable Emails toggles for instance.