Data about a customer's engagement with your product can be extremely valuable for your sales reps to know, but is often underutilized because the data lives within a data warehouse, hidden from their view. Enable your sales team to up-sell or prevent customer churn scenarios by allowing them to have the contextual information on product engagement. If your sales team can catch wind of "risky" situations just by looking within the CRM, they may be in a better spot to have tough conversations.
Having product engagement data in your CRM can let your sales team be more proactive and have the right conversations at the right time.
Scenarios that may cause alarm may include:
- A User on a high-paying plan that has not logged in in the past 2 weeks
- A User that has logged in, but has not begun using any key features
On the other hand, a scenario that may be a good opportunity to up-sell include:
- An Account approaching certain plan limits and may need to upgrade to the next tier
With Hull, by connecting your CRM and your tracking tools, you can make product usage data available to your sales team in real-time.
How to get started
- Set-up your tracking tool on the features that you want to track on your app using either Hull.js or Segment
- Use the Hull Processor to transform an event into a new User attribute
- Then, send these new User attributes to a field inside your CRM to make it accessible to your salespeople
KPIs to impact :
Up-sell - Cross-sell - Retention - MRR - ARR
Connectors involved :
Segment, Processor, Hubspot, Salesforce