Automate follow-up emails based on webpages viewed
Stay in front of your engaged leads by sending them follow-up emails based on webpages they viewed.
In this use case, you can set up an automated email to send when you've noticed your leads have viewed certain pages on your website. For example:
- Sending a case study after your lead visited a product-related page
- Sending a related blog post after your lead visited top-of-funnel webpage, like an eBook
- Sending product material like a one-pager after your lead visited a product-related page
- Sending a quick "Can we help?" email after your lead visited some technical documentation
We think text emails work best here, but you can experiment and test out HTML emails with your audience as well.
1. Connect your web tracking tool
Install Hull.js or Segment on your website to track webpage views as Events
2. Create a User Segment
Create a Segment within Hull, defining your Segment by the URL(s) that were visited. For example:
3. Whitelist that Segment
In your Hull Connector for the marketing automation platform of your choice, whitelist this Segment. This will enable you to sync all Users within this Segment to your marketing automation platform.
4. Trigger your email campaign
In your marketing automation platform, build a campaign or workflow that automatically sends an email 1 or 2 days after a User enters the Segment. We recommend a short campaign (1-2 emails at most) in case your lead falls into multiple campaigns.